Thursday 19 January 2012

Cookery Class in Amsterdam

So now we've found somewhere to stay and we know when we're going, I need to organise getting there. But to be honest, that's a quick flight that I'll book in a while.

I'm going to spend the next few weeks look into some of the activities I can do in Amsterdam and FOOD is top of my list. You might think I'm being grammatically lazy by just saying 'I want to DO FOOD'...........but I literally mean everything I can explore relating to food; restaurants, cafes, markets, tasting events and, the thing I am most excited about; a cookery class.

I must point out that a good number of the things I want to do in Amsterdam are not going to be particular to the Dutch Capital....not everything's going to be 'must visit 4 windmills and the Van Gough museum'.

But for the last 12 years I've spent most of my time on a small Island, where a trip to the local supermarket constitutes a day out, so forgive me if I seem overly excited about some very common place activities!

Having done a bit of research, there seems to a good number and variety of courses to choose from, covering everything from Italian cooking to chocolate making.

I've found one called Kook Studio Amsterdam (link attached) You can get 5 lessons for about £300, which covers fish, meat, vegetables and pastry. It's got great reviews, and I'm sure it would be very thorough....but it's quite expensive so I think I'll keep a look out for a day course, or one that focuses on just one 'area'.... I'll keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment