Saturday 21 January 2012

Dutch Custard!!

Started thinking about the first time I ever visited Holland.....when I was 7 years old.

Given that it was such a long time ago (*cough* 26 years *cough*) I have a very limited but very specific bank of memories from that trip. I went with my mum to visit her friend Willie (who was a girl). Willie had a daughter aged 11 who loved horses. They lived beside a little park that had swings. They had bunkbeds.


....and during the entire holiday I lived on this custard. Custard and home-made spaghetti and tomato sauce meatballs, to be specific.

Still to this day, I've never had the urge to put kiwi fruit in my custard...............or VLA in the Dutch language.

Also still to this day, I cannot open a carton of VLA and not finish the entire thing.

Without sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment