Sunday 15 January 2012

Lazy Sunday Afternoon in Amsterdam....

I've never been a great one for parks.

Taking the dog for a run, going to see some outdoor theater or paddling around on a lake, yes, I get that; but I've always been envious of those people who can just stroll up in a park, put a blanket on the ground and lie there for hours, quite content. I tried it a few times in Paris and was bored stupid after 20 minutes.

The day did brighten when a group of 20 athletic young men arrived and started battling in a free style dance off.......but that's another story....

I do quite fancy this though; The Blue Tea House or 't Blauwe Theehuis.

It's in the famous Vondelpark, the most popular park in Amsterdam. The Blue Tea House not only has tea (essential) but apparently there is also a DJ on a Sunday afternoon.

This could nicely combine 'relaxing' without my inherent boredom from not doing a lot; primarly because I will be eating cake at the same time.

Another attraction of Vondelpark will definitely be the Open Air Theatre or Open Lucht Theater in the summer. Fridays and Saturdays are very much children's shows, comedy and cabaret; but Sunday is all about the music with classical, pop and rock all on the line-up.


Now, if I combine all of THIS with aforementioned tea and cake, I'll definitely not be bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment