Saturday 28 January 2012

Saturday Night - Escape Club

Saturday night, time for a dance; as I'm still stuck on my Island, why not spend 5 minutes being really jealous of all the young fashionable people who will be going to Escape Club tonight.

I'm figuring out that most clubs in Amsterdam - certainly the big dance clubs - run events from 11.00pm until 5.00am. Given that by 11.00pm, I've usually had about an hours sleep....and by 5.00am I'm often up taking the dog for a wee in the garden....this is not really in keeping with my current lifestyle.

However, that's down to circumstance (being on the Isle of Man) and necessity (puppies need the toilet)

I can't wait to get over there; put on some fancy dancing clothes; launch myself onto a podium; let the music move me for a good 30 minutes; and then probably head home in search of my culturally ingrained obligatory burger (with fried onions and cheese)

..........you can take the girl out of Belfast.......

No comments:

Post a Comment